Saturday, August 1, 2015

Guided Bicycle Tours in Berlin

Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, nice start for a bicycle tour
After arriving  at Berlin Hauptbahnhof, we took the S-Bahn to Bahnhof Friedrichstraße and started our city walk by passing through the Brandenburg Gate.
When our walk ended at the Gendarmenmarkt, I saw some guided bicycle tour groups and a group on the now popular Segways, which are two-wheeled, self-balancing, battery-powered electric vehicles.
In view of these groups I asked myself how much the city center and the public transport system are attractive for an individual tourist on his bicycle.
I remembered my folding bike experience in Paris which I tried to sum up in my posting  "In Paris ride the Metro, but use your folding bike in Versailles".
As to Berlin, my advice now is: Use your folding bike anywhere. At one single spot in Potsdam, however, when entering the Park of Sansoucis, you may stumble over a "No Bicycle" sign. More about this in my next posting.
Here are some photos from my visit to the center of Berlin.


               
Luxury Hotel Adlon Cycle tours around Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin
US Embassy with communications technology for information gathering
Russian Embassy
Humboldt University
Berliner Dom

"Siehe ich bin bei Euch alle Tage, bis an der Welt Ende."  - "Unser Glaube ist der Sieg, der die Welt überwunden hat."























































































































































Konzerthaus Berlin at Gendarmenmarkt
Guided Bicycle Tour  in front of Schiller memorial - behind: Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Frederick II. (The Great), King of Prussia
On my last trip to Berlin I took the photos of this posting and I saw the  guided tours.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.